|Standort: Ohio, USA||Gehalt: Negotiable|
|Bereich: Insurance||Bereich: Festanstellung|
|Reference #: PR/079273_1617892694|
This Application Development Tech Lead role supports Actuarial modeling and third-party financial grid computing environments on a high performing, full stack, "build it / run it" development & production team. These critical applications support pricing, product, and regulatory needs for Client's Financial Services businesses. A Lean/Agile mindset focused on DevOps, experimentation, continuous learning, and digital, automate-it-all thinking & execution is required, and an understanding of actuarial science would be extremely valuable. Opportunities to further your technical expertise and leadership skills abound!
This role will lead delivery and operational support of critical business-enabling technology products. From a technical perspective, the scope includes two different high-performance grid computing environments (with a SaaS component for bursting beyond physical capacity and for DR purposes), and the analytic and modeling software that runs on them. The role will also partner to support and evolve the Actuarial Data Mart and related ETL integration code and Ruby test automation that support it and establish and execute modern storage and archival strategies for large actuarial model results and input data sets.
Key Responsibilities of the role include:
* Collaborates with Architecture team and Actuarial business partners to develop Modeling/Computing Grid roadmaps, including currency and Cloud Migration Strategies.
* Drives evolution of Modeling/Computing Grid platforms and increased business value realization through optimization, enhancements and the implementation of new features and functions.
* Executes on production engineering processes, incident management, root cause analysis, problem management, change management, release management and knowledge management.
* Implements proactive and reactive monitoring (e.g., site reliability engineering) to detect, predict and resolve abnormal conditions in the environment.
* Provides analysis, creative problem solving, and effective communications for complex production support for all platforms
* Partners with vendors to help drive and design innovation in product capabilities.
* Leads "proof of concept" labs for enhancements, new solutions and competitive comparisons.
* Coaches and advises junior team members
Tech Stack includes:
MS SQL Server, MS Windows/Server, PowerShell, Microsoft .NET, Python, ESP scheduler, ETL (MS SSIS and Informatica), GitHub, Jira, CI/CD Pipelines, AWS, Azure, Splunk, New Relic. Grid and Modeling platforms include Moody's GGY Axis / GLaaS, TIBCO, and Milliman's MG-ALFA.