My International client is looking for a C/C++ Developer with skills below for a 6-12+ contract initially but the project is longer term
- C/C++ / FORTRAN /DCL Development and Configuration Control & Build deployment
- Experience of design and development on OpenVMS systems using C/C++, DCL, FORTRAN and SQL.
- Knowledge of XML, C++ STL, Oracle, threads, DCE.
- Configuration Control and software release and deployment using CMS/MMS, Polycenter and PVCS Tracker.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter, able to work with low supervision and a quick learner
- Experienced in working in small development teams, working to deliver high quality code to tight timescales.
- Experienced in developing IT code for complex market / engineering solutions.
- Experienced in updating legacy systems, rather than just green field development
- Prior experience on OpenVMS operating system and extensive coding in the required languages - see below Technical Role areas for details
- Experience of integrating, testing and debugging complex systems.
- Experience of producing and maintaining project design, test and support documentation.