One of our esteemed clients in Manhattan is actively looking to bring on a Data Scientist to join their team. Our client is a mature start-up who has seen exponential growth over the last few years. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to expand their skillset while finding a stable group to be apart of.
What we look for in you:
- Focus on developing clear and concise analytical approach for problem solving with client partnership
- Strong understanding of ML libraries and applications e.g. Neural Net, SVMs, Boosting methods and implementation using R/Python. Should have an academic level understanding of math e.g. linear algebra, calculus etc.
- Ability to code on SAS/R for data munging, analysis and insights and/or languages like Python for creating efficient production ready code
- Managing delivery of projects incl. timely communication, setting milestones and tracking
- Generating actionable insights for business/KPI improvements
- Rich experience in at least one production ready deployment of Machine Learning algorithms is a plus.
- Experience in working on real life large messy dataset to solve real business problems. Kaggle experience is a plus!
Desired Qualifications & Experience for Data Science role are:
- Minimum 3 years of experience with machine learning/ analytic consulting/ product development
- Minimum 3 years hands on coding experience with either of SAS/R/Python/Hive/Pig and demonstrated strong proficiency.
- Experience in data visualization using either Tableau, Qlikview, or d3.js is a plus
- MBA or Masters or Bachelors in: Economics / Statistics / Mathematics/ Computer Science
- Should be comfortable working in a fast paced start up environment
- Strong written, presentation and oral communication skills
- Passionate about innovating, solving bigger picture problems, dealing with ambiguity
Please apply ASAP if you are interested. Interviews are slated to begin late this week and into next.