|Standort: Morrisville, North Carolina||Gehalt: US$25 - US$29 per hour|
|Bereich: IT Service Provider||Bereich: Freiberufler|
|Reference #: CR/081194_1623684652|
Desktop Support Administrator
Contract to hire
This Desktop Support Administrator role provides on-site technical support to a regional office and assists with tickets from locations across the US and Canada. The incumbent will provide one-on-one end user training (in person or remotely) and assistance on a variety of software applications and computer hardware, documenting user inquiries and problems and working towards solution.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Description of major duties and responsibilities of the role.
- Respond to customer issues and requests by creating, tracking, and documenting solution in a support database and monitoring the support queue.
- Install, configure, test, maintain and troubleshoot customer workstations and related hardware and software.
- Perform analysis and diagnosis of complex problems for customers and recommend and implement corrective solutions.
- Troubleshoot network connectivity issues including wireless access points, devices connected to the wireless network, preliminary bandwidth issues and printer routing problems.
- Act as designated IT point of contact for facility in case of any IT-related emergency or maintenance.
- Consult with customers to assist in obtaining hardware, software, and services and assist the customer in obtaining the training necessary to use the product(s).
- Achieve service level and customer satisfaction KPI targets.
- Act as overflow to the IT Service Desk during high volume times.
- Conduct inventory control tasks as needed, including verifying serial numbers on equipment, and updating records.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with management, team members, and customers. Communicate effectively with all levels and maintain tact and composure in stressful situations.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Minimum level of education/experience required.
- High school diploma required. Degree in Information Systems preferred.
- 5+ years of technical and customer service experience required.
- Experience with the following is preferred: Mac OS X, Mobile Devices, TCP/IP communication protocol, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Teams, VPN, Remedy Call Tracking System, LANDesk, Dell and Lenovo laptops and desktops, HP, Dell and Ricoh printers.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS & OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Additional preferred or required qualifications.
- Exceptional Customer Service skills are a must.
- Enterprise experience directly supporting Windows 7 and 10.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Office365).
- PC encryption
- Experience delivering hands-on customer training.
- Skilled with Polycom AV conferencing devices (Trios and Group Series)
- Proven ability to effectively and quickly troubleshoot computer problems. Must be able to independently resolve complex problems using current job knowledge and research and external resources.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, excellent attention to detail, and the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Must be able to interpret and make decisions in accordance with regulations and established policies.
- Excellent time management skills to maintain high levels of customer service in a high-paced, heavy workload environment.
- Ability to work overtime when critical situation and weekend maintenance issues arise.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Professional office environment
- Move computer hardware systems, sometimes weighing over 50 pounds, i.e., computer processing units, monitors, keyboards, printers, rack mounted APC's, switches, and routers to accommodate changing needs of our customers.
- Works in small, cramped areas such as under desks and behind workstations to install and repair computer systems and telecommunications equipment. May also work in manufacturing clean rooms.
- Travel to remote sites and meetings within the US and Canada as needed (5-10% travel required)
Some travel - covered by company.
- Someone with PROVEN (again not just buzzwords on a resume) Customer Service Skills
- Preference to those that have worked in a multi-national environment
- Has directly supported an environment with over 300 users (they will be directly supporting over 600 users)