US CITIZENS OR GREEN CARDS ONLY AT THIS TIME
FULL TIME POSITION
Position Title: SAP PMO
Responsible for establishing a Project Management Practice for ERP Project and maintain a comprehensive ERP project portfolio that is completely aligned to the business. Primary responsibilities will be customer relationship building, requirements analysis, project management, team building and effective communication and will have to work closely with the Director of OCM/OE.
This will include the hands-on management of ERP projects to include generation of statements of work, project schedules and budgets. The candidate must possess a solid understanding of methodologies and have successfully managed several large-scale ($20m+) ERP projects with overall responsibility for delivery in a manufacturing environment. They must also have a functional knowledge of business in an SAP environment (finance, manufacturing, logistics, etc.).
The ERP program Manager will be expected to package project-based initiatives formally for presentations to management boards to obtain funding and approvals. In addition, manage small and large project teams of developers, database administrator, functional business liaisons, and other project resources, and must be able to work under deadline pressures.
- Deploy the PM Methodology for ERP globally: Accountable for formalizing processes, tools, templates, and a matrixed organization to promote and accomplish a deliver on promise ERP culture (Scope, cost, schedule, resources, communication, risk/assumptions/constraints).
- Accountable for working with the ERP team, IT, and business leaders to maintain a business prioritized ERP project portfolio aligned to the business. Ensure consistent delivery using the PM methodology.
- Establish Training process for aspiring PMs and ongoing skills enhancement of current Project Managers.
- Support SOX compliance for all of company
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Create and provide oversight on applicable ERP projects, this includes development of project deliverables, budgets, schedules, etc.
- Serve as the customer liaison insuring proper communications, coordination of activities, scope management, change control, issues management, risk management, deliverable quality assurance and milestone achievement.
- Interact with the management team and user base to ensure proper alignment of business goals with ERP initiatives.
- Assist with project reviews or rescue situations by providing recommendation / solutions as part of project audits.
- Provide experience and expertise in gathering business requirements and conducting business process analysis and mapping.
- Facilitate customer meetings to ensure ERP/business alignment.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Applicants must have at least a 4-year degree in computer science or related field.
- Minimum 15-20 years in Information Technology, ERP, and Project Management
- Minimum 10 years' experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 7 years Project management experience using structured methodology.
- PMP certification
- Familiar with Microsoft Office and Project 2003
- Minimum 10 Years ERP implementation experience and leading the following types of projects: Software development, product evaluations/selection, ERP implementations, packaged software installs and upgrades.
- Excellent knowledge of development methodologies, current technology, and products
- Past exposure and involvement in Project Management Office (PMO) setup
- APICS certification a plus
- Large IT department experience (60+ people)
Skill/Abilities Competency Preferences:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Worked with remote \ distributed project teams
- Proven project planning skills (organizational and time management)
- High level of interpersonal skills - has ability to manage customer expectations.
- Has demonstrated the ability to work with, lead, motivate and develop a team
- Knowledge of a formal project management, application development, process analysis methodologies and supporting processes i.e. change control processes
University degree in the field of computer science or information systems and 12 years related work experience. Master's degree in either of these fields or Master of Business Administration with technology as a core component preferred.
Reports to the Global ERP Lead with functional reporting to the Director of IT - PMO. Works closely with key leadership, executives, and IT team to drive a portfolio approach to managing all ERP projects to successful delivery
- Base plus a 25% bonus
- $60k equity that is vested every 3 years
- Standard benefits
- Relocation Package: Homeowner and renter - all costs covered