Red is searching for an Information Security Engineer for a retail client located in Seattle WA.
The Information Security Engineer provides consultative services, works with vendors for product consideration and recommendation, performs monitoring and auditing of information system activities, creates and maintains documentation related to policies, standards and procedures; and, mentors team members with lesser subject matter expertise.
Required skills, abilities, and certifications
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a minimum of 6 years of information systems security experience in a leadership role preferred
- One or more professional security certifications such as CISA, CEH, GIAC or CISSP (or equivalent experience)
- Ability to work effectively, independent of assistance or supervision
- Innovative, creative, and extremely responsive, with a strong sense of urgency
- Willing to share knowledge and assist others in understanding technical and business topics
- Willingness to work outside of regular business hours as required which can include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Experience with firewalls, routers, load balancers and DMZ silos, and packet capture technologies helpful
- Working knowledge of information systems security standards and practices (e.g., access control and system hardening, system audit and log file monitoring, security policies, and incident handling)
- Demonstrated experience of "hands on" security knowledge of the following platforms: Windows in a large Active Directory environment, Linux, AIX, Ubuntu and other UNIX variants
- Web technologies such as Websphere, IIS, Apache, IHS
- Scripting knowledge including Perl, Python, Powershell, etc.
- Ability to clearly communicate Information Security matters to executives, auditors, end users, and engineers, using appropriate language, examples, and tone
- Experience with tools such as NMAp, NetCat and Enum
- Experience with IDS (Sourcefire, SNORT) and SIEMS technologies such as ArcSight, Splunk ES
- Working knowledge of protocols and technologies such as TCP, UDP, SSL/TLS.
- At least one technical certification related to a major Costco platform (Microsoft, Linux or Cisco)
For immediate consideration, send your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
RED is a global SAP Solutions provider dedicated to helping organizations do one thing -leverage your SAP investment to unlock competitive advantage. From implementation to sourcing, we can support every phase of the SAP Application Lifecycle enabling clients to evaluate the quantifiable benefits of cloud and on-premise deployments of SAP.
RED INNOVATION - develop and deliver SAP HANA, Mobility, Cloud applications and Analytics through a client tailored assessment and deployment framework.
RED STAFFING - supporting your business with the highest caliber contract & permanent SAP professionals for your business needs. This single-minded commitment to helping businesses realize greater value from their SAP investment has enabled us to become one of the most trusted players in the SAP industry.
When it comes to SAP, no one delivers like RED!