|Standort: Netherlands||Gehalt: €50 - €55 per hour|
|Bereich: Consultancy||Bereich: Freiberufler|
|Reference #: CR/070333_1587383063|
Oracle Automation Engineer (Engineering) / Netherlands (Remote for now due to current climate) / 14 months / Start 1st May
Description: Role Oracle Automation Engineer (Engineering)
What will you be doing:
As part of a Scrum team you are responsible for designing and building the Oracle environment. Products supported within that environment include Oracle databases, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle Internet Directory and Oracle Engineered Systems.
You engineer the solution to be compliant to the regulatory requirements and take care of embedding the solution into the client Infrastructure and code automation environment.
A part of the workload will be developing the infrastructure to support our CI/CD pipeline based on products such as Git, Jenkins, Ansible and Python and make it available to customers.
Your day-to-day activities range from actual engineering the pipeline and coding automation scripts, but also engineering new or adapted solutions for our banking organisation. Supporting crucial banking applications for both Dutch Retail and Global Wholesale business. You work closely with the Product Owner and the Engineering Manager.
How will you be doing this:
You are an experienced Oracle DBA with extensive Infra automation experience and will work in a SCRUM-team. Your Oracle DBA specialisation skills are products such as Oracle ASM, Oracle RAC, Oracle Data Guard and Oracle Database Vault. For the Infra automation you are responsible for engineering, building, delivering and supporting our Infrastructure products in an Ansible/Python based solution.
We live in a multiplatform environment; mainly Oracle databases (11g - 19c) running on Exadata, but also on physical servers. We use Enterprise Edition options such as Oracle RAC, Oracle ASM, Oracle Data Guard and Oracle Database Vault. Our pipeline is based on tooling that is already available within the bank such as Git, Ansible, Python and Jenkins, however we are open minded about other CI/CD tooling.
Who are you:
* You are an experienced Oracle DBA in a complex environment 3 years).
* You love automation challenges and really like connecting engineering with operational/delivery issues.
* You get enthusiastic when talking about (test-) automation options (Ansible, Python, API's, Rest, PyTest, Rspec or other). But also a simple task automation will have your full attention * You understand that the "Cloud" will be a very large part of any infrastructure solution * You see the big-picture but like to go in the details to solve complex integration issues * You are a team player, you cooperate with everybody.
* You love feedback, as that will be used to improve and become even more awesome yourself
* Extensive knowledge of Oracle RDBMS Technology stack products * Extensive knowledge of Oracle Exadata and ZFS * Extensive experience with automation (Ansible, Git, Jenkins and Python) * Good knowledge of Oracle Enterprise Manager * Good knowledge of Oracle Enterprise Linux and virtualization
Nice to have:
* Knowledge of Oracle Internet Directory, LDAP * Knowledge of Networking * Knowledge of Storage configurations
And the following competence related qualities:
* Experience with Scrum, working in an agile way * Willing to work as part of a pair programming team * Result-oriented * Focus on compliancy and standards * Initiative * Being critical /contentious * Collaborate * Willing to work on-site as part of a team sharing knowledge and experience * You are communicatively strong * English language needs to be at proficient level
What we offer
* Working in the highly skilled and motivated Scrum based Oracle team * In a dynamic organisation that is changing rapidly * Flexible working hours and working from home (in consultation)