Project Engineer/Consultant / 1 year / Cork / Start ASAP
- Lead NPI development requirements and work with cross functional teams in the Innovation Centre and with the Value Streams.
- Design, develop and source tools, fixtures, gauges and special equipment for manufacturing processes. Co-ordinate with internal and external partners.
- Provide design for manufacturing technical input to global design groups to minimise lifecycle cost.
- Deliver stable manufacturing solutions in line with stability metrics process.
- Management of R&D test parts and sample requests.
- Conduct detailed product design reviews.
- Development of advanced manufacturing processes to lean guidelines.
- Manage risk management and validation lifecycle for new process or process changes.
- Management of the Asset Lifecycle for new equipment (URS/RA/IQ/OQ/PQ).
- Full budget responsibility for project capital and expense spend
- Direct PFMEA studies and lead risk assessment effort for overall process
- Influence innovative qualification methodologies to apply appropriate statistical and validation techniques based on failure model and overall risk
- Develop strategic collaborations across functions, business units and geographic boundaries to achieve effective outcomes over the long-term
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities
- Ability to manage multiple assignments or projects with sound analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
- Flexible work ethic.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Problem Solving skills - to assist in maintaining project progress and on design issues.
- Decision Making - required to make decisions on technical issues.
- Degree of responsibility - must be capable of taking direction and taking responsibility and ownership for systems.
- Excellent planning & organisation skills.
- Extent of confidentiality - discretion is essential in view of contact with outside parties, product development strategies, regulatory and sales information.
- Continuous Improvement Focus
- Degree in Mechanical/Production/Manufacturing Engineering is preferable and basic experience in a medical device or comparable hi-tech environment.
- Proven track record in development and Installation of manufacturing processes for New Products or Product Transfer.
- Experience using proven problem solving/Root techniques (8D, TRIZ or equivalent)
- Demonstrated ability to lead sub teams within a project and give direction to fellow team members, contractors, vendors to complete tasks to a defined timeline.
- Self motivated, with focus on Quality, Timelines and Cost.
- Proficiency of GD&T and ASME Y14.5M 1994 standards
- Excellent Planning & Organising Skills
- Expert knowledge of lean manufacturing processes
- Certified Six Sigma qualifications.
- Certified Project Management qualifications.
- CAD/CAM Experience