SAP BI Manager
Greater Detroit, MI
- Lead members of the BI team to implement and support global and regional sustainable solutions. Provide mentorship, coaching and guidance to the team.
- Help Support team to understand, document, investigate and resolve requests. Builds, maintains, measures, and constantly improves a culture of customer service excellence and supports corporate initiative of keeping users "Up and Running."
- Develop and maintain roadmap for BI applications. Responsible for software upgrades and patching.
- Ensure the BI Application landscape is designed and architected to ensure cost effective, scalable, and best in class solution delivery to all users.
- Ensure a balanced delivery of sustainable enhancements (IS Work Requests) and support Project planning and delivery for all PT Business Units and Corporate functions requesting BI expertise. Elaborate and execute or coordinate execution of solutions up to final reporting delivered to the business users.
- Manage, directly and with his/her team, the resolution of all Business Critical, Urgent, and standard tickets in a timely, accurate way with good communication with the business users around resolution
- Assist IT leadership to manage contractual agreements and outsourced relationships to assure full value from a delivery and cost perspective. Ensure effective relationships amongst vendor staff with business end users and other service providers.
- Ensures constant improvement of operations processes. Creates and maintains focus on measurement and constant improvement of all core support processes. Identifies and leads initiatives to drive cost out of operation.
- Participate in events, chapter meetings, training and presentations, and promote the participation of others to help improve the usage of existing BI applications and proper identification of opportunities for upgrades, enhancements or implementation of new solutions and technology.
- Protect and mitigate risk for SAP BW and SAP HANA production environment by monitoring and promoting a good management of Change Control processes within the SAP Team assigned to his/her responsibility and the BU teams collaborating on the same platforms.
- Operate in close integration with the other teams inside the SAP Functional Areas, the other IS team (Process definition, Business unit, Infrastructure, etc.) and the business representative.
- Ensure data update, consistency, and accuracy daily through solid procedures and traceable processes.
- Document directly or coordinating his/her team all key delivered solutions to ensure knowledge is retained and developed in the future. Prepare executive presentations to support his/her Director for key topics related to BI area.
- Develop communication and training toward maintenance teams, project teams, and the whole business community (finance, purchasing, sales, production, and corporate representatives)
- Support client's growth: Participate in analyzing BI tools to support the definition of growth strategies.
- Report key issues to management, monitor potential risk areas and suggest/realize actions to mitigate such risks.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- More than 10 years' experience with implementing and supporting BI applications, including experience in global environments and distributed organizations
- Experience with management of multiple SAP and non-SAP data sources and how they relate to the BI tools
- Experience with BI/BW design (BI 7.3 at the minimum), creation and management of the main reporting structures (InfoSource and Infoproviders, Transformation rules, queries, etc.) as well as understanding of BW associated user management
- Experience with SAP HANA, understanding of the db logics, data modeling, etc.
- Experience with SAP Business Objects.
- Experience with one or more Self-Service Analytics Tools (design and implementation and governance) such as Microsoft PowerBI, Qlik Sense, SAC
- Proven experience in application integration and BI solution architecture
- Experience with latest SAP technologies, cloud solutions and mobile applications will be greatly appreciated.
- Experience in an IT management role of at least 3 years, project management and integrating systems with SAP-ERP systems
- Proven experience in implementing and supporting BI environment in a manufacturing environment required, experience of automotive industry will be appreciated
- Experience working in projects with both onshore and offshore design and development teams
- Experience Implementing and support in a global environment
- Experience in design and development of BI mobile applications a plus
- Knowledge of the SEM-BPS modules and planning processes design is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and good approach to problem solving, enabling to quickly understand the drivers of a business process (sales, purchasing, supply chain, production, etc.).
- Leadership and ability to work effectively in a team where other team members may be located throughout the world
- Ability to travel internationally - up to 20%