Title: SAP Enterprise Architect
Location: Columbus, OH
The SAP Enterprise Architect will coordinate the application selection, development and integration for a major Food Brand. This position will support internal and external teams to develop SAP Application and Integration strategies, understand requirements, architecting, designing and developing integrations, solutions and deployments. The candidate will participate in the SAP ERP initiative, Integration and Business Analytics as well as other IT tool selection processes. They will play a key role on teams to support IT Application strategy and support.
- Responsible for envisioning, owning, executing and maintaining the application roadmap for the company.
- Developing high level frameworks that align an organization's SAP application stack and infrastructure with business processes/data to improve the efficiency and productivity of business operations.
- Coordinate between business leaders, IT leaders and PMO to socialize and advocate for the application roadmap.
- Responsible for analyzing, architecting, estimating implementation costs and timing and provides leadership for software selection for an integrated systems environment.
- Mapping the relationships between information systems components (i.e., end users, business processes, applications, data, IT platform hardware/software and networks.)
- Identifying key interactions and dependencies across separate systems and platforms
- Provide technical leadership to the application teams by providing architecture and design recommendations for new modules and packages to improve system efficiency, resolve database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication and other distributed data issues.
- Evaluating the total cost of ownership and return on investment of various architecture alternatives
- Responsible for developing and maintaining systems and integration architecture standards.
- Work with all IT teams to architect and deploy business solutions that support full utilization of all third party integrated systems based on multiple technology platforms.
- Ensure IT application design and integration documentation is maintained and improved over time.
- Design for optimal systems utilization and performance.
- Liaison to third party Software and Applications providers for understanding of the providers Application Roadmap and Release schedules in order to coordinate internal acceptance plans for releases.
- Determine scope of middleware/integration/SOA layer. Responsible for evaluation, selection and maintenance of middleware and integration platforms.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or in Computer Science, Business or related field of study highly desired.
- Five+ years in strategic IT roles including business analyst, systems analyst, application architect.
- Experience implementing/developing within designated SAP ERP is optimal.
- Strong analytical, project management and interpersonal/communication skills required.
- Demonstrated expertise in modeling and documenting business processes (i.e. As-Is, To-Be).
- Expert understanding toolsets utilizing Cloud based ERP Platform.
- Expert understanding of the database structure within the ERP system and relational databases.
- Business Intelligence skills working a data warehouse or as a data architect a plus.
- Ability to lead team discussions, solicit input and facilitate decisions in a professional manner.
- Ability to multi-task and organize effectively to meet users expectations while working as part of a larger team.
- Great organisation and time management skills with the desire to complete projects on time.
- Possess the ability to meet deadlines and manage competing priorities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to bring innovative ideas forward for review (AI, ML, AR, IoT, Etc.)