SAP Materials Management and Warehouse Management Functional and Configuration Analyst
Analyze, design, develop, implement, and support Materials Management/ Warehouse Management information systems; evaluate, recommend and support new software applications and hardware; provide technical management; and develop and maintain the company's data repositories.
Provide implementation and ongoing support of an SAP system with responsibility for materials management requirements definition, design specifications, configuration, documentation, quality assurance, testing, and end-user training.
In order of importance, job responsibilities include:
1. Gather business requirements and define the SAP configuration settings and/or business process changes to satisfy the requirements.
2. Coordinate with other system analysts and department leads when changes have cross functional impact.
3. Apply systems development methodology to install, modify, maintain, test and document application software.
4. Modify, test, and validate system configuration.
5. Train end-users in the proper use of SAP functionality.
6. Perform second level support for SAP "How to" questions which can't be answered by a team of SAP "Super Users" within the business community.
7. Troubleshoot problems with the SAP system, interact with external SAP support groups to find solutions, and oversee the testing and implementation of fixes or workarounds.
8. Work with business users and other Information Services personnel in the application development area in a cross-functional team environment to pursue and accomplish business critical projects and provide guidance on prioritization.
9. Serve as technical lead to develop project plans and accomplish goals.
10. Integrate various point solution technologies with SAP.
11. Provide new or updated training and system documentation of projects or fixes.